A Chance to Win €100k – BURN Residency 2017 is here again, looking for the best talents worldwide. This year promises great excitement and mouth-watering reward for the winner. This is a chance to kick-start your DJ career. BURN Residency puts you onstage in a European city as well as a 5 week Residency in electronic music HQ, Ibiza. With a contract worth €100,000; this can be called a life-changing opportunity.
The panel of judges will be selected from industry experts and international DJs. Some of the previous judges and mentors are; Carl Cox, Pete Tong, John Digweed, Maceo Plex, Steve Lawler, Luciano and Jamie Jones.
- Online Application: Open Now – 1st April 2017
- Application Judging: 1st April -11th April 2017
- Mix Off Events: 12th April – 1st May 2017
- BURN Residency Bootcamp (1 of 2): May 2017
- Final 16 DJ in European City: Dates TBC
- BURN Residency Bootcamp (2 of 2): Dates TBC
- Ibiza Residencies: Dates TBC
How To Apply
To apply, follow these steps:
- Create a Mixcloud account (if you do not already have one). Upload your mix to your Mixcloud account, using the artwork provided and use the title: BURN RESIDENCY 2017 – YOUR DJ NAME
- You mix should be between 20:00 and 45:00 minutes long. Remember the genre is EDM, ensure your mix is unique. You can also spice your mix with your own sounds.
- Complete the entry form and submit your mix via the Mixcloud website.
- The final stage of application is promoting your mix and start networking. Ensure your mix gets popular this increases your chances of being shortlisted by the judges. Number of favourites and plays also account for everything. You need to again at least 30 favourites to stand a change to move to the next stage. The judges will determine their favourite entries by looking out for creative flare, commercial viability, originality and a distinctive signature sound.
If you can’t find your home country on the list of locations, then you will be competing for the ‘wildcard’ slot. Check the full terms and conditions on Mixcloud website.
- Cannot be signed to a management company
- 18 years old or older (at the time of application)
- Ability to speak and understand the English language
- Computer skills
- Owned mix 20:00-45:00 minutes long
- Production/sound engineering skills will be highly beneficial for applicants.
Share your thoughts in the comments section. Like our Facebook page, follow us on Twitter, follow us on Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube Channel for the latest updates in deejaying from the number 1 DJ blog in Africa. If there is a topic, issue or article you would like to learn or read about on this forum, or if you will like to contribute to this series, kindly email firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay tuned for the next article.