Checkout Pioneer XDJ-RX2, DDJ-XP1 and Interface-2 all for Rekordbox DJ. In case you do not know the battle for supremacy in the DJ Booth is heating up. Currently the following manufacturers are vying for our attention. At least 2 products are released weekly by manufacturers.
- Pioneer DJ – leading manufacturer of DJ equipment and software. Pioneer’s products are focused on Serato DJ, Pioneer’s own Rekordbox DJ and standalone users.
- inMusic Group – parent company to Rane, Denon, Numark, Alto, Alesis, Akai amongst others with a wide range of hardware and software. The inMusic Group released an avalanche this year and we are expecting more (such as Rane Twelve and Rane Seventy Two) before the year ends.
- And the others including new entrants into the DJ equipment manufacturing like Roland and Mixars (both companies have also released a range of products to watch out for in 2017).
Well, back to the crux of this post. See below features of the new products from Pioneer DJ.
Pioneer XDJ RX2
- Pioneer XDJ-RX2 is an advanced replica of the Pioneer XDJ-RX with additional features of the NXS2 series.
- It is a 2-deck, 2-channel multimedia system that can act as a controller for rekordbox dj or standalone via USB stick.
- 7-inch touch screen with QWERTY search, wave-form, wave zoom, rotary selector, track filter, short cuts, Sound Colour FX (Noise, Filter, Sweep and Dub Echo) and Beat FX.
- 16 large, multi-coloured Performance Pads give you smooth control over Hot Cues, Beat Loop, Slip Loop and Beat Jump
- Link Export for rekordbox DJ via USB connection, you can connect your laptop directly to the XDJ-RX2 and import your tracks to rekordbox. Play your prepared tracks without needing to export them to a USB device.
- rekordbox dj licence key bundled with the XDJ-RX2. This controller had awesome features with rekordbox video.
- A range of I/Os for simple to complex setups including phones and tablets. The audio quality of this controller is remarkable.
- This controller is quite pricey at a whooping $1,699. Is the juice worth the squeeze that is another debate for a later date.
Pioneer DDJ XP1
This is a mighty upgrade to the Pioneer DDJ SP1 for Serato controller. This controller is built and designed for rekordbox DJ. It has intuitive layout and 32 performance pads for low latency control over Hot Cues, Pad FX, Beat Jump, Sampler, Beat Loop or the new Key Shift and Keyboard modes.
- The layout is divided into an upper section controlling key and beat sync status, while the lower section triggers the 32 Performance Pads. FX are dynamically controlled by touching the Slide FX strips.
- Dynamically control your chosen combination of FX by touching the Slide FX strips and moving your finger up and down.
- rekordbox dj licence key and rekordbox dvs licence key bundled with this add-on controller
- Automatically change the key of your next track to match the master deck and shift keys up or down to mix any combination of tracks in perfect harmony.
- The keyboard lets you improvise with sounds and create musical phrases similar to synths or other instruments. Select a Hot Cue or create a new one, then trigger it in different semitones using the pads.
- Customise the arrangement of your 32 performance pads by assigning your favourite pad modes and features to each pad.
- Avoid the music speeding up as your turntable starts to revolve by switching on Silent Cue. The music will restart instantly at the correct BPM when you press play on a stopped deck.
- This controller is the best investment you will ever make at just over $300 especially if you are a fan of rekordbox DJ.
Pioneer Interface 2 for rekordbox
The INTERFACE 2 opens up rekordbox dvs allowing you to scratch and control the music from your rekordbox library using your own preferred DJ equipment.
- Crystal-clear sound; up to 96kHz sampling rate are supported by the high quality 24 bit D/A converter designed to give club standard sound.
- Compact and portable in aluminium casing with extended edges that protect the terminals.
- LED indicators in the top panel show the signal flow, giving you a visual grasp of the setting status. It shows if the signal level is too high or low.
- INTERFACE 2 includes 2 license keys for rekordbox dj and rekordbox dvs as well as 2 control vinyl. The unit also comes with 4 audio cables, a USB cable, and power cable.
- Easily record and capture your vinyl or any analog sound source using our normalize technology in rekordbox. There’s no need for extra volume or recording monitoring as this is done automatically by a single click in the software.
- Record audio to your computer or send out audio to your speakers using your interface. 3 samples rates are supported: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz and 96 kHz.
Follow our affiliate link to grab this!
Share your thoughts in the comments section. Like our Facebook page, follow us on Twitter, follow us on Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube Channel for the latest updates in deejaying from the number 1 DJ blog in Africa. If there is a topic, issue or article you would like to learn or read about on this forum, or if you will like to contribute to this series, kindly email firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay tuned for the next article.
Credits: Pioneer, Alex Moreno