Check out Serato DJ Pro and Serato DJ Lite. Serato has just announced the release of 2 new versions of Serato. Serato DJ is now Serato DJ Pro while Serato DJ Lite. Both software products are power packed with features to wow all DJs, from beginner to Pro DJs. Let’s get into details.
Serato DJ Pro – Features
- Practice Mode – you can now mix 2 tracks together with no Serato DJ (or SSL) compatible device (hardware) connected. This means you can simply launch Serato DJ Pro, select the 2-Decks option and mix music with your laptop speakers or headphone output serving as your master output. This has long been available on other DJ software enabling beginner DJs learn the craft very fast. Kudos for the long-awaited feature.
- Serato DJ Pro is built on 64-bit architecture allowing for quick response to larger libraries and rock solid stability. Stability and reliability has always been the trademark of Serato. Did I hear you say ‘best getting better’! Innovate or die.
- The performance pad layout of Serato DJ Pro now mimics the layout on most compatible hardware. This allows performing DJ routines more effective and efficient.
- Serato DJ Pro is optimized for high resolution screens such as high definition Retina, 4K and UHD displays.
- As usual expect the reliable support from tooltips to shortcut keys and tutorials. You’ll also have the option to contact the support team, and the ability to search the knowledge base all from in-app.
- Serato DJ Pro is free for all Serato DJ licensed users or users with supported hardware. Check out the system compatibility in the table below:
|Serato DJ Pro|
|Operating System*||macOS High Sierra 10.13
macOS Sierra 10.12
Mac OS X 10.11
|Screen Resolution||1280 x 720|
|USB||Available USB 2.0 port|
|Free HDD Space||5 GB|
|Pitch ‘n Time DJ|
|Processor||i5: 1.07GHz 32 bit, 64 bit
i7: 1.07GHz 32 bit, 64 bit
|Video Memory||384 MB (1GB+ recommended for best performance)|
Serato DJ Lite – Features
- Practice Mode just as in Serato DJ Pro
- Performance pad layout similar to most compatible hardware
- Optimized for high resolution screens
- Improved help and support
In my opinion Serato DJ Intro should have been ousted as this point. A beginner DJ would rather use Serato DJ Pro to learn deejaying and buy a Serato DJ Pro compatible hardware as soon as he/she can afford same. You can put this on a survey and I would still be right.
Installing Serato DJ Pro or Serato DJ Lite automatically overwrites any existing installation of Serato DJ or Serato DJ Intro respectively. The older versions of Serato DJ and Serato DJ Intro are still available via archives on Serato website.
Share your thoughts in the comments section. Like our Facebook page, follow us on Twitter, follow us on Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube Channel for the latest updates in deejaying from the number 1 DJ blog in Africa. If there is a topic, issue or article you would like to learn or read about on this forum, or if you will like to contribute to this series, kindly email firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay tuned for the next article.