Serato has announced the release date of Serato DJ 1.9.6 as March 9, 2017. This event will be the first of its kind as it will be live-streamed on Facebook all the way from Auckland, New Zealand. Hope you were part of the beta-testing crew! You never know, you may be invited to join the design team someday if your contributions are outstanding.
The most interesting features for me is the DVS improvement and new anti-drift option to stabilise BPM. This release includes:
- Significant DVS improvements including the new Anti-Drift option to stabilize BPM, Smart Sync and improvements to needle drop sensitivity for increased performance with the Sticker Lock feature and more.
- Favorite FX banks, Chronological Loops, Reordering Loops and Enable /Disable Hot Cues as an option.
- Pitch Play mappings for supported hardware* (requires Pitch ‘n Time DJ license).
- Significant stability & performance improvements.
- Dictate Smart Crates by key notation.
- Scratching no longer jumps out of a Loop.
- Playhead no longer jumps out of Loop when censor is released.
- Audio optimizations.
- Memory optimizations.
* Pitch Play mappings for supported controllers
- Pioneer DJ DDJ-SX – [SHIFT + SAMPLER]
- Pioneer DJ DDJ SP-1 – [SHIFT + SAMPLER or SECOND PRESS SAMPLER]
- Pioneer DJ DDJ-SX2 – [LONG PRESS SAMPLER or SECOND PRESS SAMPLER]
- Pioneer DJ DDJ-SZ – [LONG PRESS SAMPLER or SECOND PRESS SAMPLER]
- Pioneer DJ DJM-S9 – [LONG PRESS SAMPLER or SECOND PRESS SAMPLER]
- Numark NS7II – [SHIFT + SAMPLER]
- Numark NS7III – [SHIFT + SAMPLER]
- Numark NV – [SHIFT + SAMPLER]
- Numark NVII – [SHIFT + SAMPLER]
- Akai Pro AFX – [SHIFT + SAMPLER]
Join the live-stream on Facebook March 9, 2017 at 9 a.m. UTC +13.
Stay tuned for the next article.